Monday, June 23, 2008

VT PhD for my Brother


Back in April we flew back to Blacksburg to see my brother receive his doctorate in geology. Don't ask me to explain the details of his area of interest, it has to do with silicon and studying the molecular reactions and forces that cause them to break .... or something along those lines. [He studies rocks.] Last year the events at VT hit very close to home with family attending college there. It was an emotional event even as a relative outsider, and visiting campus a year later was emotional as well. I still want to do a layout in remembrance of April 16th, but that will wait for another day. This weekend I wanted to capture and celebrate my brothers graduation. Ever since my brother made the decision to attend graduate school in Virginia and moved away we have really wanted to visit. This last April we finally had a chance. We decide to surprise him, and with the help of his deceptive wife he was. We had a great visit and got to see him deliver an awesome commencement speech. I am so proud of my little brother.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

"Meems" said...

awwwww! I am going to tell adam to come see this! How sweet!